From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Feb 02 20:59:17 2006
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:49:32 -0600
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Ethanol

Me too!   And that was my point.  The big oil companies fought tooth and
nail to keep MTBE in Calif (and other states) and not be forced to use
alcohol.  It is just plain wrong to believe that big oil is trying to foist
ethanol on an unsuspecting public.  There is no evidence and there is ample
evidence that they have resisted ethanol and favor MTBE and Methyl alcohol
(wood alcohol) which is also poisonous.

Loren