On Thursday, February 2, 2006, at 05:43 PM, Brian Chase wrote:

Sounds like they could last a while? But I don't want to get stranded.

but just exploring all options with an eye toward spreading out the bills for now

Ah yes, a dilemma. I recently put over 8,000 miles on a bad shaft with a ripped boot. I was away from home working, driving a $1.00 300CD with "issues" and 379,000mi on it, no time for car work, had no intentions of fixing that particular car as I had already gotten my money's worth out of her. When exiting the Interstate or slowing after long runs over 70mph it felt like the axle was going to fling itself out from under the car, I mean real bad, car bucking and shaking violently. Flooring the accelerator during braking lessened and sometimes negated all that. Regardless of all that, after coming to a complete stop or two it would drive off as if nothing was wrong smooth as silk. Go Figger. I fully intended to find another car (MB diesel of course) when the coupe gave up the ghost. Well I got real lucky and bought a 1986 190D 2.5 and at the POs request, left the coupe as a deterrent to theft (PO had an unoccupied house and his Bike/car hobby shop at that location. I will try to limp it from Stuart Fl to my place in Vanleer Tn some day or if I'm feeling real frisky I may attempt getting up here to NY. So, now that you're armed with all that info; How long do YOU think it will last?

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am