Sorta skew to the conversation, but here where I live (Johns Island) it used to be known for the best tomatoes, they were grown here and shipped all over. Then NAFTA was passed and tomato growing moved to Mexico and pretty much killed the business here. Florida still grows a lot, relying on cheap (illegal) labor, which SC does not allow.

--R