I suspect the moose was surprised when a .477-450 500 grain chunk of lead came
in one ear canal and bounced around in the cranium...
-Curt

      From: Curly McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:29 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] cops and vid games wuz: 230SL and OT 2nd Amendment
celebration

>I think you mean melanin. Melatonin is the thing that makes you sleepy.
>My cousins have shot 6 or 7 moose with a total of 80 or 90 shots.
>Dad and I have shot 2 with a total of 2 shots. The mistake most
>people make with a moose is to shoot center mass so they just blow
>holes through the guts. My bullet went in through the shoulder,
>through one lung, nicked the heart, through the other lung and
>lodged just under the skin on the far side. Winchester .348, I've
>still got the bullet. He took one step and was gone.
>Dad shot his moose in the left ear. That was the most humane kill
>imaginable...
>-Curt

Oops!  right you are.

Congrats on the 2 fer 2.  That'll getcha a Dan'l Boone award.

Archery is good for eye control for aiming.  If you learn to look at
a pinhead on the face of the 36" target, you can do pretty well, vs
looking at the bullseye or the whole target.

I suspect this is a shortcoming in the popo training.  I suspect your
dad was looking at a flea in the critter's ear.