Buy one outright, it will be cheaper in the long run.

We bought the tank that was at the house we built down here, and we saved a
bundle over time.  The lease thing is a screw and also prevents you from buying
fuel from another supplier.  That was one of the things that helped pay for our
tank - I called around and got the best price when it needed to be filled.

I just checked a few suppliers online and a 250 gallon above ground tank can be
had for between $500 and $800.  You can buy smaller tanks yourself - my local
Ace has tanks up to 100 lbs., which are around $125.00, I believe.   I looked
at buying one for our outdoor oven, but I don’t have a way to transport it to
be filled.

Dan