Which will do not much of anything to lower the shootings and deaths (there are plenty of laws about shooting and killing).

I read the papers around here about the daily/weekly shootings, and a lot of the perps and vics have multiple prior arrests, many related to guns and robberies and shootings, yet they are still walking the streets and carrying and using (illegal) weapons after multiple catch and release on low/no bonds, mostly because there isn't enough prison space and the #blm folks get all upset when one of them is put away (as opposed to "put down" unless it is white on black -- black on black barely gets a notice). Mostly dope/gang related, somebody dissed somebody else...

Yesterday half the Charleston PD seemed to be at a location up the road when I drove by, appears that two YBGs had a shootout in the street there, about 150-200yd from the middle school. Of course nobody dint see nuffin, so they will probably be at it again when it warms up a bit in a coupla days.

There are plenty of "gun laws" on the books, enforcement of those would do more to cut down on the crime than anything else. These "common sense" laws or regulations or whatever really mostly affect law-abiding citizens, which is not generally where the problems occur. Smoke and mirrors mostly...

This post has some interesting info and data on the local events https://www.facebook.com/ThePostandCourier/posts/1153356158015461

--R