On 2/8/06, Rick Knoble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Wonder if I can pressure "wash" the block
> > with fresh coolant / water before allowing what is currently in block
> > into new core and radiator.
>
> You could do a Prestone flush (alkaline) (removes oils) followed by a citric
> acid flush (ala MB) (removes scale) then flush with LOTS of water SEVERAL
> times.
> My 2ยข
> Rick Knoble

Out of curiousity, what kind of pump would I use to circulate the
Prestone and Citric Acid? I'm assuming (and we all know how
destructive that can be) that I will have removed the radiator and
heater core by this point, as I know at least the radiator can not be
saved. (Thing leaks like pasta in a collander) Or do I need to try and
run this through the entire existing system? Before replacement parts
are ready to be installed? Though that seems like it would flush scale
from places that are going to be scraped anyway .... should a google
of "radiator flush" help here, or do I need more info?

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.