I was actually thinking to swap some just to see if that was the problem. If it is still acting up I'm gonna open it up again and make sure everything is well-seated.

What prompted all this drama was that it started acting up, I ran diagnostics and it looked like it was the HDD overheating so that is why I did the swap/upgrade. Now maybe it is something else?

I erased the HDD and then tried a TMRestore, it is giving me the spinning ball so either the mobo is going flaky, or the memory sticks or something loose. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

---R