I just pulled into the house from hauling the burned 350SDL back from Memphis. Let;s back up. Before I left mounted a brand new set of tires to the trailer. When doing so I discovered a broken leaf spring on the passenger side rear axle. This is the same wheel I had a blowout way out in the middle of nowhere a while back with no spare, so had to limp it to an exit, detach trailer, go into the next town and find a replacement wheel and tires. This wheel is also the brake axle and the entire brake assembly shook apart apparently. I had repacked all the wheel bearings a couple of years ago. So before I left I replaced the spring and off I went. No problems on the way down, got car loaded, and headed back this morning. No issues on the way back. As part of normal checking when I stop at a rest stop or something I always go around and check the tires, feel them see if they are hot, check car straps etc. Got home after dark and discovered the entire wheel missing from that same back passenger side axle. Wheel just gone. Felt nothing unusual such as a wheel flying off the trailer. Very strange. This is annoying because this is a BRAND NEW wheel AND tire. It looks like the bearing shat itself and some point and completely let go. We stopped for dinner about 40 miles from home and all wheels were present and accounted for then. I am thinking it happened the mile between the highway and the house on the rough road so I would not have felt it. I have not torn into it but I am hoping the spindle is not tore up, and if so, I am not sure if it is a separate assembly from the axle.