It is in fact a 220D, but the year is off. It may have sat on a dealer lot till 74 and titled then, its probably really a 73 though.

kevin kraly wrote:

Well, I bought the car because it has a pretty good body though it is in need of a paint job. The seats seam springy and the upholstery is pretty good. Now for the BAD. It does turn over but won't run. Starting fluid (I know it's bad) didn't even get a sputter or clunk out of it, so either the timing's waaaay off or she's just plain warn out. It is full of oil though. The vapors from the starting fluid weren't coming out the exhaust which could be an indication that it is either in need of some serious engine work or an engine transplant. The car is actually a 1974 220D according to the title (thought that the W115 diesels from 1974-76 were 240D's). It has the smaller bumpers and also a column shift automatic. The vin starts with 115 110.

Kevin in Hillsboro Oregon
1974 220D Kaput