If it has been sitting, chances are its going to take a tow start to revive it, if the engine is not shot. Question is, why has it been sitting in the first place?

Luther Gulseth wrote:

'82 300D (Blue Bomber).  I poured some Marvel Mystery oil into each cylinder last evening
and then turned the engine over by hand.  Each cylinder shot the oil out like a gyser.  I
had the injector lines loose, I guess.  They were finger tight, then loosened 1/4-1/2
turn.  I'll try "cracking" them from tight.  Next time I try to start it, I'll
replace both fuel filters and fill the spin-on with ATF.

~
~If you see oozing, my guess is that the pump is ok. if the caps are loose, ~you see fuel ooze. if the caps are "cracked" just right, you will get high ~pressure spurts. about 1/16 turn to 1/8 turn is cracking the line.
~
~it is more likely that you have low compression/stuck rings or bad glow ~plugs/prechambers or a combination of all. ~it is also possible that the rack in the pump is stuck. I have never ~encountered this. What year was this? does it have the mechanical ~governor? I think all coupes would have the mechanical governor. I am not ~sure when they changed over to the mechanical governor from the vacuum. 77 ~78 may have vacuum. I know some of the early 123s had the swing tube intake.
~

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,