I was looking for dome light bulbs and I see these crazy expensive LED dome
light bulbs ($12 vice <$1). What is the word on these? Any benift other
than its brightness and wallet emptying abilities?

No.  Oh wait.  "With the energy savings you can buy yourself
a trip to Rio!"

Or maybe, that's what the vendor can do?  I think LED bulbs are
stupid.  There are a few spots where a brighter, cooler bulb
are good, like maybe a 123 dash, etc.  The LED color is usually
bad, garish, and often the lighting pattern is sub-optimal.

-- Jim