"Kaleb C. Striplin" wrote:

> As far as I know they offer benefits to full time employees, management
> or not.

And as far as I know, many store managers try very hard to keep the
rank & file from meeting the definition of full time. It's just good
sense to avoid paying something you don't have to pay. It only becomes
nefarious if you tell somebody about all the wonderous benefits they
can have by working for you, and then prevent them from qualifying
for those benefits. I believe my niece who was working for a WallyWorld
in Arkansas had insurance after 90 days or so, and I doubt that she was
anything but the rankest of the rank & file.

BTW, I was there this AM, looking for 5W40 M1. Found the shelves full
for the first time I ever saw. There was a little 5W30 and tons of
10W30 in the 5qt for $20.87. There was 0-20, 5-30, 0-40 and 10-30
in the quarts for $5.xx. Now that's a reason to buy the 5qt, it's
only $4.22 a quart that way. The only 15-50 was the extended perf
stuff for $26.92 / 5qt. There was no shelf space labeled for 5w40
anywhere, nor was there any 5w40. I had been seeing a few single
quarts of it last year, but I still have never seen a 5qt 5w40.

After seeing someone either here or mercedesshop mention Michelin
wipers, I found them at WalMart today, $5.76 in all sizes up to
24". I bought one to replace a torn wiper on my Taurus. It was
made in USA by Pylon, which has a license to sell wipers under
the Michelin name. I drove home on a wet salty freeway, and can
report that it wiped clean without chatter. I like it better than
the ANCO Aerovantage blades on that car. I'll buy one for the other
side next time I'm in town.