I forgot the use - this is my dual monitor, Adobe Lightroom image
processing, storage, etc. machine. No, the Pi 3 won't cut it.
I ran the diagnostics again with the new RAM - all was good. then booted it
to W10, and after 5 minutes or so it just went black - again. Booted, and
restored to the point before the last update. Still no joy.
Booted it on a Linux live USB stick and it ran for 30 minutes. So, I doubt
that it is hardware.

I'm doing the repair re-install of W10 now - we'll see how that goes before
condemning the hardware.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Raspberry Pi 3?
> Depends on what you want really. I just got an HP xw8600 for Angie's
> office. With 10GB of RAM its pretty sweet with Windows 7 or even 10. Its
> the same machine we've got at home. Ex-video production machine was top of
> the line in 2009.The replacement for it was the Z800, the single processor
> version was the Z400, any would be an excellent choice for home use. The Z
> series are really quiet...
> -Curt

OK Don

for themselves."