I had a Mac Pro 1,1 that was hacked to run the most current OSX version along
with dumping upgraded processors (5365 SLAEGs) and lots of memory.  It
continued to be a powerful machine up until the time I sold it last year.  It
really cranked on rendering.

Now I have a 3,1 with an Apple RAID using 15k drives along with 32GB of RAM.
It screams as well, but not significantly better than the 1,1, I think.  Still
a great machine, can’t beat it for $350.

Dan