'Nother ATTABOY!

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Penoff via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 9:48 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Eurorific!

After dinner tonight I finally go around to installing the Euro headlights I had for the car. I’ve been struggling with doing relays and all that, but finally decided I’ll go ahead with the stock 55W lamps and Euro headlights and probably install relays at a later time.

Installation was pretty straightforward, especially since I had gotten some six pin sockets from the dealer so I could just swap out the wires from the original four pin sockets. Pop the cover, pull out the connector pin, insert into the new six pin socket, easy. I also got a couple of female terminals so I could connect the city lights to the running light circuit in the turn signal connector, too.

In order to preserve my headlight alignment, I pulled the car into the garage just far enough so that all four tires were on the garage surface, since it’s level and uncracked. I took some butcher paper and hung it on the wall in front of the car, and using a Sharpie, I marked the beam center for both original low and high beams. That gave me a point of reference for aiming the Euros when I installed them.

Got the headlamps installed, plugged them in, made a few adjustments and voila! I can see better at night.

Took the car out for a drive. There is a stretch of road in the neighborhood where the streetlights have been out for about 1/4 of a mile. I know it’s been reported to the utility, but they haven’t done anything about it yet. Anyway, drove along there and was simply amazed at how much better I could see.

You can see some photos I posted of before/after the Euro lights were installed, along with a very, very special courtesy light on my driver’s door in the last photo:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbydq67yxipyep6/AAAwHmj26jGNoZ5JhvwQMpHTa?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gbydq67yxipyep6/AAAwHmj26jGNoZ5JhvwQMpHTa?dl=0>

Enjoy!

Dan