andrew strasfogel wrote:
The tragedy was that Cheney seriously wounded a fellow Republican, and in
addition is being savaged by the commiepinkolibrall press.  The poor man is
suffering enough already and needs our prayers...  Let's back off and give
him some privacy.

If any of us did it, charges would be filed. I'm willing to bet that even if this man dies (and he did have a mild heart attack today, due to a pellet lodged near his heart) Cheney will face no consequences. Of course, if Al Gore or John Kerry had did this, the same people who now are saying "it was just an accident" would be calling for him to be thrown in prison.