David Brodbeck wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised to see everyone take it as a given that no charges
> would be filed.  If someone dies in a traffic accident it's pretty
> common for vehicular manslaughter charges to be filed.

I've never heard of any charges in a hunting accident not involving
trespass or death, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I also can't recall criminal charges in a vehicle crash that
didn't involve death, and usually only if alcohol, drugs, racing,
fleeing & eluding, or joy riding are involved. I do know somebody
who got put on a restricted license for a year because he fell
asleep and killed two people. He could only drive to and from
work during that year. I think he was criminally charged,
negligent driving causing death or similar, but I don't know
what he pled guilty to.