I've had to fix both manual and Lektrik windows. Worn out rack gears on both, sliders falling out, bad motors and lotsa bad switches for lektrik. On the first SDL, I fixed the driver;s lektrik winder 3 times. Bad rack, bad motor a couple of times. I never mined taking the door apart on the 123 and earlier cars with the steel snap clips. the 126 and later with the cheep prastic hooks are terrible. I dread having to take one of them off.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 5, 2016 at 1:08 PMvia Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
I've never had to repair a manual window in any vehicle ever.
I've had to repair electric windows in almost every vehicle I've ever owned EXCEPT my '96 Dakota and '10 RAM... I've had roughly the same number of manual window vehicles as electric. The oldest vehicle I owned was manual ('78 240D)...
-Curt