Yabbut, both apfel and oogle drop browsers for the older OS's and most of us require a web browser for normal work. The alternatives for 10.5 browsers are unworkable, and 10.6 will soon go that way. I could care less about any downgrades put in place from 10.5 to 10 .12. I'd just like my software (and peripherals) to work.

My complaint is that it is all arbitrary and artificial to make folks buy new hardware and software. (whether billygates or apfel)

Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
June 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM
They already have.

To be honest, unless you’re looking for some of the features of the newer OSs’, just leave well enough alone. I do it more for the challenge than anything else. I can’t say that there are features in El Cap or Sierra that I care about or need.

I recently bought a Mac Pro 3,1 to get into El Cap natively, and now with Sierra coming out, it’s a legacy machine.

I sort of chuckle when I hear people getting all worked up about their old machines not being supported. Apple has had a hardware and software legacy policy in place for years that’s pretty much unchanged. This is nothing new and the new releases fall right into place with the terms of that policy.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624 <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201624>

MacDan

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
June 23, 2016 at 9:56 AM
Since apfel has decided to go all Billygates and arbitrarily force people to abandon pre-2010 machines with 10.12, does that include i5 and i7 machines? I see they have changed the nomenclature with el crap. Where my mosheen was Macbook pro 8.1 before, now it is called MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) in el crap.

Obviously this machine is still ok, but the other macbooks in the family will be SOL. One, the macbook 1,1 is already bypassed by el crap, so it becomes a linux machine, I guess.

Dan said he thinks the hackintosh crowd will find a way to make older machines work. What do you all think about this new sales scam?