I understand, but I also disagree.

It takes resources to maintain and update/upgrade those older browsers.  The
revenue stream for such things is based on new purchases, so if you continue to
put resources in place to maintain stuff that’s 10 years old or older, you
dilute the profits for current product, or you have to make it that much more
expensive to cover your costs.

A similar analogy would be to suggest that Mercedes should continue to offer
updates or engineering changes/enhancements to our older cars.  Why?  They’re
in business to make money, and they have no way of covering the up front costs
to do so even if people would be willing to spend the money.  Why don’t they
make xenon headlights for W126 chassis cars, for example? (Heck, I’m not even
sure those exist in the aftermarket!)

This is compounded with computers by the constant changes in software and
architecture that is a part of new designs and development.

It’s a market driven issue.  People want more bells and whistles and as those
are created, rolled out and accepted by the general public the older stuff gets
left behind.  If there’s little demand for it, no one will invest the time or
money to maintain it.

It’s progress, man.  It can suck, but there’s not a lot you can do about it.

Dan