On 27/06/2016 9:03 PM, Kevin Kraly via Mercedes wrote:
Yes, it is a very fun car.  I can’t wait to enjoy it some more, particularly
with the top down!  It does have some sort of rollover protection system that
deploys (sure don’t want to find out how it works first hand!)

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR

Any idea on how commonly they catch fire?
My wife and I were having dinner at a restaurant on Friday evening a couple of weeks ago. On the parking lot accross the street there was a big commotion and the fire trucks arrived. There was a car on fire - a late model Beetle. It caused the car next to it to catch fire as well.
Big fire. Flames 20 feet in the air.
Random? or do the Beetles have some sort of issue?

RB