Larry - the main fuel filter is good for a couple of years or 30k miles, according to the book. And yes, it is fairly tight, but I've always been able to snake it out by putting some movement on the vacuum line and hoses in the vicinity. The last time I didn't even spill much fuel! Take out the top bolt (carefully), and the filter is then moveable. Put a large rag under it just in case! The in line pre-filter is much easier to change, and it will certainly get clogged before the big main filter. Always carry a spare of that $2 filter in your trunk!

Werner

To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:26 PM
Subject: [MBZ] Fuel Filter on my 91 300D Turbo

Howdy -
Took a quick look at the engine a little while ago - the main fuel filter
looks like a tight fit.  Is it a PITA or easier than it looks?

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info