Larry - both my 126 and the 124 use a right angle connected pre-filter. I also used the same one on my daughter's 123. I suspect thee is not difference in these!

As for the printed MB manuals, I have the climate control one, and 2 volumes for the chassis. I don't have the engine nor the electrical diagrams, which would be nice, but I've gotten along without them for 15 years now. Could have used the electrical diagrams when I chased down the broken wires to the trunk lid that at first killed the trunk lights, then blew the fuse. Ended up removing the inside cover of the lid, and replacing a couple feet of the wire that gets flexed every time the trunk lid is raised. Put it all back together and now it all works again, hopefully for the next 15 years!;-))

Werner

To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel Filter on my 91 300D Turbo

Hi Werner,
The 240D uses a prefilter with a 90 degree bend in one end - don't know
about the W124 but will ask Rusty.

One thing - in the world of Porsche, the Porsche parts system has been
widely available for a while now - and last year, Porsche released an
official version as .pdf files available for $15 for all the dealers.  Not
as interactive as the bootleg copies but certainly more up to date.

I can only assume this kind of information has never filtered to MB owners? I guess if it had, it'd be on the internet by now. In any case, it's pretty
nice to be able to open the files and look at the same info the parts
counter people see.

I had a set of microfische for all the MB models showing the parts diagrams
and parts numbers by chassis number.  I still have them around here - but
the W124 came after I bought my set of films. ;-( and I no longer have the
fische reader anyway.

Thanks again for the info - I looked at all the scanned pages you sent -
they were very helpful -

Sincerely,
Larry T ('74 911, '67 MGB, 91 300D Turbo)
A Blood Test for your oil - www.youroil.net
For Test Results http://members.rennlist.com/oil
Weber Carb Stuff http://members.rennlist.com/webercarbs
http://members.rennlist.com/my_911/Index.htm For my Paint Job Info