I was going to write a review about the Jeep Renegade I've got as a rental this
week. I picked it (National lets you pick your car) because my Dad's Jeep
Liberty needs replacing and the Renegade is at the top of his short list.
Short review: its fine, as good as the Liberty, maybe a little more
comfortable, got 26+mpg from LAX to Burbank in heavy traffic. Has that stupid
deal where the first 1/2 of pedal travel is 80% of throttle control, I hate
that. Typical sloppy rental car transmission, I hope the "real" versions are
better. Overall about as quick as my Jetta.
The funny part of the tale is when I got halfway to the hotel and realized I
didn't know where the "key" was. Its got the push button start that Curley
loves so much so I had just hopped in and pushed the button. Finally thought it
through, when they take the return they throw the "key" on the dash. In this
case it must have rolled back, I found it on the floor where the floor mat
meets the seat. The interior is black as is they "key" so it was impossible to
see, had to feel around for it.
-Curt