In spite of rain and humidity in the 90% range, the cardboard carolina peaches I threw on the compost pile are so dry they are not rotting after 5 days in the pile. The cardboard peaches must have been plasticised with something that is not natural.

Sorry Clay, I make it a point to AVOID the tasteless PNW fruit. A real Red Delicious grown in its native turf, or in New Zealand taste great. The same cultivar grown in the PNW is pretty but has NO flavor. Those peaches may be juicy if picked ripe, but the lack of flavor will make them a looser.

The good news: the local store had more Missouri peaches in this week, so I bought a bunch. Mmmm.

clay via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
August 30, 2016 at 1:25 AM
https://redskyorchards.wordpress.com

Try these guys. They might ship to you. They have very high quality peaches and SWMBA makes me drive the 200 mile round trip to fetch three boxes a few days before she flies down (on her broom) to can them up.

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl - Frosch - Two tone green
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers