Looser...

On 9/1/16 9:52 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
Hoser...

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Fred Moir via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote: Had an interesting morning on tuesday.

Tuesday is take-my-granddaughter-to-breakfast day and we were in traffic, going
by the rehab hospital when the traffic stopped for a red light.

Why are we not slowing down, SH*T no brakes! Managed to avoid the car in front
by swerving into the gutter and stomping on the (Bloody Awkward) emergency
brake and stopped. Whew.

With almost no brake fluid and only minimal rear braking, crept to NAPA for
juice and slowly down the street to breakfast. Crept home again.

The people that I normally use to do the repairs that I don't want to do
recently replaced the passenger caliper, both disks and pads in the front.

It appears that the mechanic (moron) who replaced the caliper, unscrewed the
unit from the hose and re-threaded the new caliper onto the old hose.

Then twisted the caliper to fit against the mounting lugs. This left a curl in
the hose that rubbed against the tyre, and, e viola, no F******G brakes!

They will get a present of the hose from me as a learning aid. New hoses
installed by Fred.

I got hosed, even though it was suggested that a new pair of hoses would be a
good idea.

I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.