      From: Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curley McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 1:54 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Right! What's cubit

I would not think a physicist would argue that it takes more hp (work)
to move a human bean and a bicycle up a hill than a 2000 to 4000 lb
automobile with the same human bean.  Distance being equal, grade being
equal,  the hp required is directly related to the mass.

1 HP = 33,000 Ft-lb/min or 550 ft-lb/sec.