Lately I have seen several cars/trucks listed on Craigslist that I am guessing
are some sort of scam.   I am not talking about the obvious ones where they
list a 4 year old Mercedes for $2500.  These have been older vehicles.  For
example, there was a 97 Chevy Truck. Extended cab, Z71 for $1500 with only
85,000 miles.  That would be a steal of a deal and I guess the old saying if it
seems too good to be true, it probably is.  But, the only way to reply was to
call.  There was no email.   I called and texted and eventually got directed to
send an email.  I didn't because I guess that is the scam.  They want your
email.

But, I keep seeing similar ads.  Yesterday there was a 92 Ford F-350 with only
32,000 for $2000.  I was ready to drive over and give them the cash.  I called
and texted and no answer.  Then, the ad is removed.

So, what sort of benefit is there to running this scam?  Is it just to get
phone numbers? Is it market research?  I don't understand why they go to the
trouble.

Don Snook