> Dan wrote:
>
> Your setup would work, but I would definitely size the combined
> outlet pipe for the total volume of both pumps.

I agree.  Also consider the "resistance" of the pipe, more so the
longer the pipe is.

> In my former house in Indiana I had dual sumps, both with
> submersible pumps that went into a 2” PVC “Y”, up roughly 10’ and
> out the side of the foundation at ground level.

> If both pumps went off at the same time, which was certainly
> possible during times of heavy rains, there was no way both could
> push their combined rated capacity out through the 2” pipe.  What
> the original builder/plumber should have done was to increase the
> size of the pipe from 2” to at least 4” at the outlet of the “Y”
> and continued out and down to the catch basin with 4” pipe.

For what it's worth, a 3" pipe has more than twice the flow
capacity of a 2" pipe.

> This setup had a double whammy - the volume of the pumps exceeded
> the capacity of the 2” pipe, AND, the 150’ run of pipe from the
> house to the catch basin couldn’t handle the capacity of both
> pumps due to the restriction it presented.

Was it adequate for just one?  If so, then a 3" pipe would be
sufficient.  But if it were my house that would be getting all wet,
I would oversizes, overbuild, and over-engineer. *grin*