      From: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:12 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] She needs to join the group...

I did have major consideration about posting the link.  I agree, the dorky
young kid part is a bit annoying, but if she were serious, the whole thing
would be pretty dry, and less “fun”.  The impressive part is that a little girl
is tackling a project like this at all.  Dad probably does most of the heavy
lifting regarding the physics and walking her through CAD or any of the other
stuff.  The willing suspension of disbelief makes it better.  We give the bulk
of the goofs on Youtube a pass, why not her?

If the project were being done by a kid just a few years older, it would be
much less impressive.  Watching her do the gantry, I am thinking how my 16yo
boy scout should be able to do that, it smacks of Boy Scout project… Eagle
scout.  Sort of a big deal.  If it were some young co-ed being all serious, it
might be nice to watch along, but we would have an expectation of competence
for somebody closer to adulthood.

Production values are pretty high.

clay