Thanks!  Very well explained.  I now understand...

LarryT

On 12/27/2016 9:26 AM, Craig via Mercedes wrote:
On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 06:31:01 -0500 Larry Turner via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Speaking of Deoxit, is that a replacement for Dielectric Grease, or
should both be used, or just one.  I have both, and usually put a thin
layer of Dielectric on all connections.  I guess I am saying I need to
know what situation calls for Deoxit and when should I use Dielectric?
DeoxIT is to remove oxidation.

Dielectric grease is to keep contaminates out of connections.

Use DeoxIT if your connections are not being made well, attaching and
removing the plug several times. Then use dielectric grease to keep the
connections good.

Craig