So you have to tie a bottle Mobil 1 around its hood ornament in order to
get the other cars to play with it?

I don't think even that would do it.  Mobil 1?  That car's never
even seen the stuff, nor will it in all probability.  I had it for
nearly a year before I even changed the 10yo sludge that came
in it.  Come to think of it it's been nearly another year, perhaps
it's time to change it again.  Delo 400, like everything else here.

I love
the gray with red interior, Frankenclassy!  Have you
buffed out that paint job yet?

Red and black interior.  It has grown on me.  Buff?  I'd be afraid
to, I doubt there's much underneath to expose!  Except the big dents.
The dull exterior helps mute those.  For optimum car beauty don't let
neighborhood kids jump on your car.  The natural primer-gray exterior
is handy for those occasional touch-ups.

I'm actually really impressed with your work on the 200D - I had a 240D with many fewer problems, but I sold it because of rust cancer and an odd sound from the differential. If I had a garage and more time, I might have held
on to it.  It was reed green with green MB-Tex interior.

All the Frankenheap's work has been done outside.  I think it has spent
exactly _one_ night inside the garage, and that was only because I'd
rearranged things so that I could get four cars inside, preparatory
to starting on the 190D.  It is, almost by definition, the un-garaged
car.

There I was with a new welder, a $100 rusty car that I was growing
fond of driving, and a pile of dead microwave ovens.  What to do,
what to do...?

It has been a rolling reclamation, it's only been down for a few
days, and that IIRC was due to an unexpected problem with a broken
brake caliper.  All the welding was done in the morning before work.
I'd jack it up, weld a bit, then lower it and get ready to take it
in to work.

-- Jim