Larry.

Are you measuring the wiring to each GP from the socket pins? If so then the
wiring is good.

If all 5 GP's are 0.0 ohms from the socket pin to ground then they have a very
low resistance to ground. This could be because of the limitations of your
meter or they are all shorted to ground, either internally or externally.

The cold resistance of GP's is very low and inexpensive meters may not be able
to discriminate between 0.0 ohms and 0.8 ohms (or there abouts).

Have you tested your meter on a loose GP to find out what the indicated resting
resistance is? This will give you a benchmark to measure the plugs installed in
your engine.

Q. What brand of glow plugs are currently installed?

If they are not Bosch or Beru they will have a short life. (no pun intended).

If you need to ask more questions I can confuse you to a much greater degree.

Fred Moir.
Lynn MA.
Diesel preferred.