A shiny new Pete with lots chrome....

Randy Bennell via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
January 3, 2017 at 1:54 PM
The Smart car does ok on the first impact with its strong cage and multiple air bags. However, I recall watching a test video and my recollection is that it bounced like a basketball a number of times and the air bags would have been deflated by then. There is no real substitute for size and weight. Smaller new cars may protect one better than bigger old cars but I suggest that bigger new cars are still safer than smaller new cars for the most part.

So, I guess, to play it safe, you should likely drive a newer dump truck.

RB