      From: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>
 To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:09 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Self sufficiency (long)

What is "Of course we're covered for lighting. Last time I counted I had 63
runners and I've gotten a few more since then plus a few more I could press
into service in an hour or two." a runner, and how does it relate to light?
We're all electric in the big house, but have a propane heater as a back-up in
the guest house. The grill is connected to the 500 gallon propane tank, and
that's about all we use it for now. Then there is the wood fired oven, but it's
also outside - no heat in the house from that.
Back when we lived in town, the power went out for a day and a half or so. I
used the inverter in the MB to power the wife's coffee grinder, boiled water on
the grill for her coffee and my tea - life was OK then.

--
OK Don
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our