Yes. I had the original master cylinder totally apart and if I remember
correctly there is a 2nd smaller bore with a piston that has a notch that
causes the switch to move back or forward sort of like a toggle. I ended up
with a new or rebuilt master cylinder but I think I reused the electric switch.
That may be the issue. No idea if it is available. When this subject came up I
wondered if I might also have a switch on the brake pedal too.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Max Dillon via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date: 2017-01-18  6:17 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Mercedes
Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: Max Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Brake Light on (was Best Axle Choice)
If I recall correctly, Randy has brought up this issue before.  His car's
master cylinder has an extra sensor for the front-rear circuit's pressure
differential, and that is the warning light.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC