Costco sell 4ft LED shoplights for $25 or less sometimes. Buy them and don't fool with the fluorescents.

-FT

On 1/31/17 7:23 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes wrote:
I have been fighting the 8ft t12 fixtures in the shop. I had a couple of lights
out and replaced bulbs and a ballast in one of them and it was fine. Lately I
have had about 3-4 fixtures out again so I bought a case of bulbs. These are
8ft with 2 bulbs per fixture. So I swapped bulbs with new ones and a couple
were still dead. So I replaced the old heavy magnetic ballast with the newer
electronic ballast and after much hassle the 2 are working but with new ballast
and bulbs they flicker badly, would probably cause a seizure. So, what to check
next? One thing I did find odd was I unhooked the wires running to 1 end of one
fixture and it shut off the other fixture I was working on. They are on the
same circuit but not wired in series or anything as fast as I can tell.

On another note on the other side of the shop I have 2-3 8ft t8 fixtures that
have 4 4ft bulbs in them and those seem to be way way brighter than the others

Sent from my iPhone

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”