HAHAHAHA! :-D Sorry but that won't work.Even if the ISP will let my modem stay on that long how much data would be transmitted at about 5KB/sec? I'm thinking it would take the rest of my life. :-) First I'll try going to the library and see what it does there. I will also try Kyle's suggestion on the metered setting. That should at least cut down on the number of updates. I'm thinking that they will probably still do the critical security updates.
I'll see what happens.

Manfred

Max Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
Manfred,
Sounds to me like you need to leave the machine connected overnight so it can
have a nice long conversation with the mother ship, and then it will be happy
for awhile.