So far after disabling windows updater in Services everything has been OK.

Manfred

Kyle Arola via Mercedes wrote:
Manfred,

There is no "turn off updates" in win 10. You can turn off upgrades, but
upgrades are the large version changes. Like from 1511 to 1607.

Once you set the connection to metered you should effectively stop the
normal updates from happening.

Kyle