Yup. I've been past that for a while now. Review to my last post on the subject. Thanks.

Brian
83 240D

From: Peter Frederick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sticky ignition lock
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:21:44 -0600

Brian:

It's very easy to remove the lock mechanism IF you can turn the key --
just press the little button on the back and it comes out after you
unbolt everything.  You can then examine it and decided what to do --
it may only need cleaning, may be shot.  Don't wait -- again, you have
to destroy the locking mechanism to get it out if the key won't turn.

Luther:

The tumbler is MUCH cheaper than the parts you ruin getting a stuck one
out.  Buy a new tumbler (yours will come with a new key as well) and
avoid being stuck in a dark parking lot in a bad part of town late at
night!

Peter