Yup, D-Jet.

K-Jet DOES have a very short lag due to the need to pull the flap open, but
I've never had any problems with that.  If that bothers you, DON'T get a
diesel!  You have to use more pedal to get moving yet!

LH-Jet and similar systems respond faster, but the "lurch forward at full
throttle' effect is, I think, determined by the linkage -- never present in a
Benz, snaps your neck back in a GM, and it's certainly not a result of actual
power -- I suspect there is also some effect from having the engine designed
for max torque at 1500 rpm or less (GM and other setups with high ratio
overdrive trannies where the engine is turning 1200 rpm at 70 mph) and the Benz
style were the engine will be running 3500 rpm at 70.

I mentioned this to a friend who runs a body and muffler shop -- he had the
same comment.  Much nicer to drive the Benz at low speed as it's much more
controlable.

Peter