My $800 '84 300D has developed a rather pronounced steering wheel
shudder at speeds above 60mph, and it appears as if the UCA/LCA
bushings are shot, and one of the balljoint boots is torn.  I'm loath
to spend real money on this beater, and therein lies my question.  I
have a '78 W123 that I've been forced to part out (sorry Dennis), with
what appears to be decent bushings and balljoints.  Can used UCA/LCA's
be successfully swapped over as a complete assemblies into the '84?
Has anyone here swapped used frontend parts before?

TIA

Casey (aka cheapskate)
Olympia, WA
Biodiesel: "I drive in a persistent vegetative state"
'87 300TD intercooler (211k)
'84 300D (210k)
Gashuffer:
'89 Vanagon Wolfsburg Edition (187K)