I have given up on even paying much attention to the national political antics, nothing I can do about it so not worth getting worked up about. I focus on our local issues, the fools are much more accessible. The other night there was a community meeting about a road project, the woman who is the County project manager gave an overview of the project, what to expect, etc. Then of course the POed people in the room started in on her, at which point the County Council chairman, who is a raging a**h*** got the mikafone and proceeded to berate the citizens, which Did Not Go Over Well with many of them, who became quite vociferous in their disregard for him. There were 2 other Council members there too, who managed to keep a low profile while this fool took the heat that he turned up.

You couldn't do that with the national administration functionaries.

--FT

On 4/30/17 7:11 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
No I knew about it having been a swamp what I honestly don't understand is who
they thought would be qualified to work on things? Did they think that Trump's
HUD secretary would be a carpenter from Des Moines? Health and Human Services
could be a Physician's Assistant from Duluth?
Of course they're insiders, those are the people who understand how big
organizations work. As I said before its just a new bunch of idjits to replace
the old bunch of idjits. I'm not suggesting its good or bad, just different and
maybe kind of interesting.
-Curt

       From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
  Sent: Sunday, April 30, 2017 6:42 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hey Gerry, Our Diesel Is Back!
Without diving into politics, the District of Columbia was/is on a swamp if you weren’t aware of this. The phrase “Drain the swamp” simply refers to removing all the allegedly (don’t go there, Curley!) “crooked” politicians and “good old boys” in order to bring in new people who would be fresh blood and not part of the “Washington establishment”.

This is not a political comment, just a clarification of a statement, so let’s
not turn it into one, please.

And Curt, if you already understood all this, my apologies for misunderstanding
your statements and mansplaining.

-D

On Apr 30, 2017, at 6:17 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>