Oh that reminds me I need to send in my CWP application, took the class (joke), shot 50 rounds, scored "100" (not sure what the measurement criteria were, I guess I hit the target 50 times), and need to go to the sheriff to get fingerprinted. Unless the legislature passes Constitutional Carry in the next week or two...

--FT

On 5/1/17 12:11 PM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
MA has an interesting mix of gun laws ranging from daconian to no big deal. For
the most part its no big deal, to get an FID (for ownership of long guns,
rifles and shotguns) you take a safety class, fill out a form and pay a fee, no
big whoop and a safety class is probably a good idea for most everybody.
To own a pistol you need a concealed carry permit. Since this is determined by
your local police chief it occasionally gets draconian, like here in Winchendon
which is apparently one of the most difficult towns in the state. They still
almost always approve but usually with restrictions.I just haven't gotten
around to doing it yet...
-Curt

       From: Curley McLain via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
  To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Curley McLain <126die...@gmail.com>
  Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 12:03 PM
  Subject: Re: [MBZ] Totally off Topic
People there should read the constitution and the amendments.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
April 30, 2017 at 6:40 PM
I still haven't managed to work out my firearms license so no
repeating arms for me. Besides what is life without challenge? Theres
a reason I don't drive a Prius and watch TV all day...

-Curt

--FT
Winston Churchill:
“Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or
petty,
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense.
Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the
enemy.”