Dunno about 115, but I think it is pretty much the same as 123. I did that on 123 by pulling the gearshift surround. On the 115, you may have to pull the whole console. The switch lives above the trans and in front of the shifter. With a wiring diagram, you can probably do it under the hood or under the dash. If you trace the wires from under the car, thind follow it under the hood, you may be able to jump the wires in an easier location.

David Bruckmann via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
May 6, 2017 at 5:14 PM
Hello everyone,

I've determined that my 300D's neutral safety switch is kaputt. Wiggling the shifter works OK, but diminishingly so, and yesterday it took five minutes (at the gas station!) to get the starter to fire. I'll order a new switch on Monday, but in the meantime I'd like to bypass it.

I've seen several posts for where the electrical connector is located for the neutral safety switch on W123 and W126 models, but none for a W115 300D. Is it in the engine compartment (W126), cabin (W123), or under the car somewhere?

Having a devil of a time locating any section of any MB manual that covers this switch; closest I've gotten is a bootleg copy of a 722.3 manual for a G-wagen.

Thanks for any and all tips,

D.