> Curt wrote:

> What I don't understand about the whole thing is that
> the "electric cars aren't good" crowd seems to always rely on
> the "it doesn't work in every situation" argument which is
> clearly bogus thinking. An MB sedan is a lovely car but I can't
> put half a cord of firewood in it while towing my loader on a
> trailer behind it. You use the right machine for the job at
> hand...

True.

But the pro-electric crowd is touting "electric for everything" -
so is guilty of the same error.

I very much do NOT live in a city - but I can't think of anyone I
know personally that would be able to only have electric cars and
not also have to noticeable change their lifestyle.

However, many could benefit from including an electric.  But that
means multiple cars.  Believe it or not, not everyone has a yard
full of cars. *grin*

And from what I can tell, a well used electric is not a bargain as
it is ripe for an expensive battery replacement.  A 10-15 year old
liquid fuel car is much cheaper than new and still can have a lot
of life left.  I don't see that economic model working for
electrics...