Loren Faeth wrote:
It is clear that the marketing clowns are running the M1 show. It is all about hype (for the harley crowd) I am seriously thinking about trying the NAPA or JohnnyB's oil.

Mobil had people that knew how to make GREAT oil, but hadn't a clue about sales/marketing. Exxon has seldom spent even a penny on making a superior product, but would spend as much as needed to sell what they had. What is happening is what I suspected would happen when they bought Mobil. The next move could be to cheapen down the cost of making the Mobil line (they haven't YET). I'm afraid they'll introduce a line of group III oils (or dilute down the Mobil 1 line) soon if they can't make a big enough profit margin on their group IV/V product(s).

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi