Which is why I will stick with the low end alpine, or the OE Becker.

Max Dillon via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
May 22, 2017 at 4:18 PM
I bought that radio from an online retailer in Germany, after six months the radio reception degraded and it would barely pull in local stations. I complained to the retailer, they said send it for a warranty replacement or repair. I mainly used it for Bluetooth (podcasts and phone calls) so kept using it for a bit, pondering what to replace it with between sending it back to Germany and the time it took for them to return it. Finally I decided on getting the next higher model, with CD player, that I would use as a temporary replacement, and when the original was repaired / replaced, I would move the CD player model to SWMBO's car (she really likes the Bluetooth phone feature).

Ordered CD model, installed it and shipped bad radio to German retailer following their instructions. Sent them emails reminding them of their warranty offer, heard nothing back.

Radio languished in customs, apparently they didn't want to pay that, and eventually the German post returned it to me.

Now over a year has passed since I purchased it, I should probably call the retailer and complain, see if they will honor the warranty. Would probably be cheaper for them to just ship me a new radio. I'll even offer to pay shipping.