The end is near for my ownership of the 2014 Beetle TDI Convertible.  I
scheduled my buyback appointment for Monday, June 12, 2017.  It will be going
back with around 16Kmi on the clock.  Coincidentally, that is nearly a year to
the day from when I originally contacted the seller in Templeton, CA.  I paid
$21,500 for the car, and $1600 for tires,  the convertible wind block and TDI
floor mats which will be installed on my new 2015 model.  The buyback offer is
$28,841.61 which may vary slightly due to mileage, and the new car was $24,749.
 The ownership experience with the 2014 has been wonderful!  Even better, it
gave me the opportunity to purchase the brand new 2015 without any additional
cost other than the flight, hotel and fuel for the awesome road trip.  I know
that it’s not a Mercedes, but it certainly has quite a lot of fun factor, and
the little TDI is zippy!  It does use Pee,  AKA Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)
which the 2014 does not.

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR